Mill Spring, N.C. – June 27, 2019 – Samuel Parot (CHI) continued his winning streak at Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC), topping Thursday’s $36,000 Horseware Ireland Welcome Stake CSI2* aboard Atlantis to win on a jump-off time of 39.182 seconds. Pablo Barrios (VEN) and Clotilde Lewis’ Donna VI, a 2011 Holsteiner Mare (Cassal x Unknown), took second place after stopping the clock at 39.366 seconds. Santiago Lambre (MEX) rounded out the top three by piloting Cetano Van Aspergem Z, a 2009 Zangersheide gelding (Clinton x Ahorn Z) owned by Tal Milstein Stables, to a time of 39.424 seconds.
Parot commented on the course which was set by Guilherme Jorge (BRA), who was a show jumping designers for the Rio Olympic Games and will also be designing courses at the 2019 Pan American Games: “The course designer is the best in the world. There were 50 horses in the class and all the riders are super,” said Parot. “The class was not an easy win, but today I got lucky. All the distances came up perfectly for [fences] one, two, and three, but you had to be careful at the last one,” explained Samuel.
Piloting three horses in the class, Parot would advance with two to the jump-off round. “With Atlantis, I entered to win. The second one [Thriller P], I just wanted to be clear and fast.” Atlantis is Parot’s own 2003 Zangersheide gelding (Andiamo x Royal Bravour L). Thursday’s win followed a first-place finish in the $25,000 Main Street Insurance Grand Prix at TIEC during Tryon Summer 2 competition, resulting in back-to-back wins in Tryon Stadium.
“It feels good [to win again here]. I tell you, I love this show. For me it’s fantastic. The horse show is good,” concluded Parot who plans to return to the Tryon Stadium on Saturday with Atlantis and Thriller P for the $72,000 Ingles Grand Prix CSI 2* under the lights.
The Tryon Summer Series will continue through Sunday, July 21, and features six weeks of hunter, jumper, equitation and dressage competition.
$36,000 Horseware Ireland Welcome Stake CSI2*
Place / Horse / Rider / R1 Faults | Time / R2 Faults | Time
1. Atlantis / Samuel Parot / 0 | 79.45 / 0 | 39.18
2. Donna Vi / Pablo Barrios / 0 | 79.7 / 0 | 39.36
3. Cetano Van Aspergem Z / Santiago Lambre / 0 | 77.6 / 0 | 39.42
4. Thriller P / Samuel Parot / 0 | 79.45 / 0 | 39.93
5. Rye Val De Mai / Sharn Wordley / 0 | 78.12 / 0 | 41
6. Elana 22 / Pablo Barrios / 0 | 79.75 / 0 | 41.42
7. Skara Glen’s Florencia / Paul O’Shea / 0 | 77.5 / 0 | 43.56
8. Gatsby / Sharn Wordley / 0 | 77.5 / 4 | 39.09
9. Finou 4 / Aaron Vale / 0 | 78.43 / 4 | 39.9
10. Venus / Hector Florentino / 0 | 77.34 / 4 | 40.94
11. Amex Z / Todd Minikus$360 0 | 74.62 8 | 38.86
12. Casper / Sharn Wordley / 0 | 78.32 / RT
For full results, click here.