Mill Spring, N.C. – Oct. 6, 2018 – Jonathan Corrigan (IRL) and Loughnavatta Indigo secured first place in the $70,000 Ingles Grand Prix CSI 2* in the first “Saturday Night Lights” of the 2018 Tryon Fall Series presented by Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport at Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC).
Corrigan and Loughnavatta Indigo, a 2009 Irish Sport Horse gelding (Luidam x VDL Arkansas) owned by Twin Oak Stables, Inc., crossed through the timers in 42.216 seconds in the jump-off to rise as the winning combination. Subsequently, Lauren Tisbo (USA) and Jeleena De Muse, a 2008 Belgian Warmblood mare (Tornedo FCS x Chin Chin) owned by Tequestrian Games, LLC., placed second with a jump-off time of 42.97 seconds and Darragh Kerins (IRL) aboard Ringwood Zebo, a 2009 Irish Sport Horse gelding (Califax x Ringwood Audacity) owned by Samantha Rice, took third place on the podium with a final time of 43.88 seconds.
With a class of 34 entries and only seven competitors moving forward to the the jump-off, Corrigan and Loughnavatta Indigo rose to the top of the leaderboard. “I have a tendency to go a little bit too fast in the jump-off, so today I tried to be a little smoother and tighter and not pull on the reins or kick as much and it worked,” the Irishman remarked.
Corrigan bought the nine-year old gelding last autumn. “I jumped him here in the 2* last year and that was his first night class. He was little green, but he jumped clear. Since then, he’s improved a lot, and even jumped his first 5* a couple of weeks ago.”
Detailing his nine-year old mount, Corrigan continued, “He’s a good horse. He’s got a lot of personality, more personality than any other horse I’ve had. He might look plain, but he’s very sensitive and a very good boy. We might do the 3* next week or we will wait and do the 5* the week after that.”
“It’s a great atmosphere here because everybody comes out, horse people and non-horse people alike. The crowd really focuses on you and people come to spectate and have a good time,” concluded Corrigan.
The Tryon Fall Series presented by Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport continues through October 28 featuring international and national hunter, jumper and equitation competition.
$70,000 Ingles Grand Prix CSI 2*
Place / Horse / Rider / R1 Faults | Time / R2 Faults | Time
1. Loughnavatta Indigo / Jonathan Corrigan / 0 | 85.83 / 0 | 42.216
2. Jeleena De Muze / Lauren Tisbo / 0 | 82.93 / 0 | 42.97
3. Ringwood Zebo / Darragh Kerins / 0 | 86.88 / 0 | 43.88
4. Chill R Z / Darragh Kerins / 0 | 86.41 / 4 | 42.97
5. Cetano Van Aspergem Z / Santiago Lambre / 0 | 85.26 / 8 | 44.724
6. Randon Pleasure / Stephanie Macieira / 0 | 84.55 / 9 | 59.434
7. Casco 11 / Lauren Tisbo / 0 | 85.12 / 11 | 61.977
8. Keoki / David Blake / 1 | 87.12
9. Capito Z / Peter Leone / 1 | 88.3
10. Clearwater / Marilyn Little / 4 | 81.59
11. Harley David / Samuel Parot / 4 | 82.03
12. Ciara Charcamm Z / Peter Leone / 4 | 82.61
For full results, click here.