Lexington, Ky. – Oct. 17, 2019 – The Split Rock Jumping Tour (SRJT) will host a new concept in show jumping as part of its 2020 national tour. The $1.5 Million “Ante Up” Grand Prix will debut April 7 at Pomponio Ranch in Rancho Santa Fe, Calif.
“The main purpose of the Ante Up Grand Prix is to introduce a completely new dynamic to show jumping that currently does not exist at the highest level,” said Derek Braun, Founder and CEO of the Split Rock Jumping Tour. “Riders, owners, sponsors, and spectators will each play a valuable part in helping the sport progress to unprecedented heights. The format will allow each participant to be part of a unique, high intensity Grand Prix that is sure to draw attention and raise awareness around the world.
“In this unique format, riders and owners will have a chance for a pay day unmatched in American show jumping. Qualified riders will have the right to choose whether or not to invest their own money to win 100% of the profits, or choose to have their entry paid for them and compete for 25% of the prize money with the remaining 75% going to whomever invested in them to compete. It will be completely their choice. Having fewer riders competing will give each entry a better chance of winning the highest pay day in show jumping.”
The Grand Prix will be limited to 15 riders only. Invitations will be extended to:
- Top 5 entered U.S. riders based on the Longines FEI World Ranking list
- Top 5 entered foreign riders based on the Longines FEI World Ranking list
- 5 Organizing Committee “Wild Cards”
- 2 onsite reserves
The Grand Prix will be run under a “Winning Round” format with the first round run against the clock. The top five riders will return for a second round in reverse order of qualification from round 1 with faults carrying over into the second round. Time in the second round will break all ties. The winner will receive $1 Million with $350,000 going to the second place finisher and $150,000 to third.
Please see the attached full specs for the $1.5 Million “Ante Up” Grand Prix.
“This format lends itself perfectly to a television broadcast,” said Braun. “It will fit nicely into a one-and-a-half hour time slot which will be nationally televised live on April 7. This will build excitement, raise awareness for the sport, and draw a new, expanded viewership base beyond anything we’ve ever had before in American show jumping.”
Braun concluded by thanking Karl Cook for hosting the event. “Karl has competed at many of our events in the past and he has been a great supporter of our Tour. His farm will be a great location for what we are planning and his letting us host the event there is truly amazing.”
Braun reminded riders that anyone interested in competing in the “Ante Up” Grand Prix should contact him as soon as possible.
Additional information including schedules, news and ticket information, will be available in the near future at the Split Rock Jumping Tour website at www.SplitRockJumpingTour.com. For all sponsorship opportunities please contact Meg Kruger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Split Rock Jumping Tour
Established in 2015, the Split Rock Jumping Tour has been revolutionizing the sport of show jumping in the United States, creating an “unparalleled show jumping experience” for competitors, sponsors and spectators alike. SRJT competitions offer top prize money, extravagant awards, special entry packages, and numerous first-class amenities not typically found at any other horse show. The SRJT presented six FEI showsat five world-class venues in 2019 and its new Fort Worth International CSI4*-W, which will also debut in 2020, was recently selected as one of just eight events in the newly-formatted Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Series’ North American League (NAL).