Pony Lane Farm’s Dulf van den Bisschop has an extensive show record in both Europe and the United States, most recently with Kelsey Thatcher and Giavanna Rinaldi in the Grand Prix ring. The 16.2 hand, 14-year-old stallion recently retired but remains available for breeding at Our Day Farm.
His progeny is already making waves in national and global arenas. During 2016, Dulf’s 9-year-old offspring “Harley vd Bisschop” (Dulf x Coronado) won the $380K CSI5* Rolex Grand Prix in Tryon with Nicola Philippaerts. The pair competed for Belgium at the 2017 FEI World Cup Finals and won the International Omaha Jumping Grand Prix at FEI World Cup™ Finals.
In April of 2017, 10-year-old Hannah (Dulf van den Bisschop x Kashmir van Schuttershof) was victorious in the €200,000 Grand Prix CSIO5* in Lummen with Olympian Steve Guerdat of Switzerland.
- Show name: Dulf van den Bisschop
- Barn name: Danny
- Breeding: Belgian Warmblood Stallion with elite status, by Heartbreaker and out of Secret Love Wonderland (by Virgo).
- Biggest win to date: $50,000 Prix de Lamplight in August of 2016.
- Unusual quirks: Danny is terrible to clip! His longtime groom blares rap music to drown out the noise.
- Interesting facts: Danny has countless offspring on the 5* circuit in Europe and younger ones here in the U.S.
- Favorite treat: Carrots
- Favorite exercise: Danny loves to go on the trail at Our Day Farm in Elgin, Illinois, through the forest preserve.
- Why is he special? Danny himself has been successful at the Grand Prix level and continues to produce offspring that do so too, all while being extremely easy to handle.
- Celebrity equivalent: Channing Tatum! He has a ripped body but still an adorable face and the ladies love him!